When we talk about tactical flashlights, we talk about very important survival accessories that are both multifunctional and extremely practical at the same time. Equally, when we speak of the “best tactical flashlights”, we speak of the most appropriate choices in this category.
But, wait a minute, “what are these best tactical flashlights?”, you may ask. And the answer is a little more complex than you may think.
The best tactical flashlights are not the flashlights that have the biggest lighting intensity and/or the flashlights that will allow you to see even in the greatest dark ever. There are more factors that need to be considered. Your ideal tactical flashlight needs to be durable, functional, it needs to be visually appealing and, it also needs to be “emergency-ready”. So, during an emergency situation, your flashlight needs to be responsive and able to cope with an urgent situation.
There are many tactical flashlights to choose from and it’s very natural to be confused if you don’t know what to look for. But, you’ve come to a good place and this guide will, hopefully, give you all the answers that you need in order to choose the most optimal solution. Neither of these products is perfect but, from our perspective, they certainly are the best tactical flashlights that you can buy this year as a part of your survival gear.
BEST TACTICAL FLASHLIGHTS – TOP 10 PICKS
Guardian 1300XL Tactical Flashlight(Supernova)
The first entry on our list of best tactical flashlights is a beautiful model coming from Supernova. There is no such thing as “universal tactical flashlight” but this one is very close to that. The focus was heavily put on the lighting itself. The brightness is fairly decent but the distance is what really got us hooked on it – it can reach up to 300 meters! As the product description says, that’s 3 football fields. This kind of capacity makes this tactical flashlight suitable for all kinds of different activities from hiking to camping and fishing.
Just like all other best tactical flashlights on the market, this one is very durable as well. The battery can last quite a long time and, when it comes to design, the casing is made from pure aircraft-grade aluminum which ensures that the flashlight is sufficiently protected against any type of damage in the long run. Thanks to its anti-slip handle, it should also feel comfortable in your hand (even if it’s really dirty).
And last (but not least), this tactical flashlight has 5 different modes – Full, Medium, Low, Strobe, and SOS. The last mode is especially important as it allows you to send specific signals when you are in danger. A really good feature to have!
This is one of the best tactical flashlights that you can buy and it’s absolutely worth the money. If you care about quality and you don’t mind spending additional bucks to get something more than a traditional tactical flashlight, there’s no doubt that you will be happy with this purchase!
- This is one of the best tactical flashlights in this price range.
- It has plenty of functionality and a special SOS mode that you can use in the emergency situations.
- Great durability in the long run.
- Even though the distance is great, the luminosity itself could’ve been better.
- Some issues were reported when you turn the flashlight on and off too often (in a short period of time).
Nitecore P12Gt Flashlight Cree XP-L Hi V3 LED
This tactical flashlight from Nitecore is covered with crystal technology which ensures that the flashlight is both compact and durable at the same time. The lighting intensity goes up to 33 700 cd and the distance goes up to 367 meters. At the same time, the flashlight has some additional features like the advanced temperature regulation mechanism, an intelligent memory unit (that stores your favorite brightness setting) and the battery indicator that can easily let you know when you’re running low on power.
And, if that’s not enough, the fact that the design concepts were heavily based on stainless steel should be enough to assure you that this flashlight is made to last for quite some time.
Yet again, at this price range, you will hardly find more appropriate offers than this one. If your ultimate goal is to have a tactical flashlight that can be used in many different circumstances and a flashlight that is easy to use at the same time, this is absolutely one of the best tactical flashlights that you buy. Even though it’s far from perfect (just like any other product), the mix between price and value should be enough to convince you that this purchase will very likely be a valuable one.
- Yet again, this is one of the best tactical flashlights that you can find in this price range and also one of the best tactical flashlights made by Nitecore.
- The design is tight and compact.
- The flashlight has some additional features that will make your life so much easier.
- It’s not really a big deal but it usually takes some time for the light to be activated by pressing the button. This delay could be irritating sometimes.
- It doesn’t come with an “anti-slip” philosophy.
FX-PD35TAC Flashlight (Fenix Flashlights)
Just like the previously described best tactical flashlights, this is a fairly simple model but it’s a very powerful flashlight at the same time nonetheless. The predominant material is (once again) stainless steel which provides a very good durability. The lighting reaches its peak at around 1000 lumens while the distance can only go up to 200 meters. This is a bit subpar but you have to accept it eventually (in case you decide to buy this particular model).
Speaking of other features, this flashlight has two different modes – outdoor mode and tactical mode. The outdoor mode has 6 different modes that you can use depending on the situation while the tactical mode will turn off the side switch and it will allow you to use the flashlight in a couple of different “mini-modes” like Turbo, Stroke and Low. It might take some time for you to adapt to all these different variations but, once you do, it will surely feel rewarding.
The price is on the higher side in this case but, if you can get past that, there are absolutely no reasons why you shouldn’t give this flashlight a try. You will get what you pay for and, even more so, you will get a flashlight that you can easily use in numerous different situations.
- This is one of those tactical flashlights that promote both the quality and the convenience as well.
- It comes equipped with two different modes and several sub-modes as well and that allows you to use this flashlight in a whole array of different scenarios.
- When it comes to durability itself, this is absolutely one of the best tactical flashlights that you can find.
- The lighting distance is far from optimal.
- You might need to spend additional time to learn how to use all these different modes and sub-modes correctly.
Lumen Professional Tactical Flashlight (Streamlight)
This is one of the logical first choices for a tactical flashlight. This base of this tactical flashlight is coated in aluminum while the lens is covered with an anti-reflective coating. As you can see, durability is the primary concept behind this flashlight. On top of that, an additional layer of safety comes from the water-resistance feature as well. The capacity of this flashlight is about 2200 lumens and the distance is fairly good as well. The distance is not mentioned in the specification but we can confirm from our internal testing that it’s more than sufficient.
The uptime of this flashlight is also very good and it can be measured around 2.5 hours. At the same time, as an added bonus, the flashlight is enhanced with a C4 LED technology that increases the brightness even further. Everything you need is basically already there!
This is one of the most expensive tactical flashlights on the market but you can rest assured that you will get what you are paying for. The cons do exist but the upsides are far superior in this case and when you compare the quality of this flashlight to some other alternative choices, there’s no doubt about who is the winner here.
- What we have here is absolutely one of the best tactical flashlights on the market.
- Exceptional durability and a strong focus on quality.
- Great capacity and an equally great luminosity that is enhanced even further by using the C4 LED mechanisms.
- Even though the quality is truly outstanding, it will be a problem to afford this flashlight if you have a limited budget.
- Sadly, there is no way of knowing how much battery life you have left.
Lumens CREE XPH35 HD E4 LED Tactical USB Rechargeable Flashlight (Klarus)
Klarus is a well-known name on this market and most of their flashlights could’ve found a way to our list of best tactical flashlights. This one, however, has such an exceptional degree of functionality that we simply had to put it on the front line.
As said in the specification, this is a flashlight of the 4th generation – it offers a great mix of compactness, durability, and flexibility at the same time. It was designed according to the latest technological standards which is why it offers a great output as well. The distance exceeds 300 meters and the brightness is well above 500 lumens as well. In fact, it’s one of the brightest flashlights that I’ve ever stumbled upon really. And that’s for the “standard” mode(s).
That is where innovation kicks in as well. This is a multifunctional tactical flashlight and it comes with a multi-control switch that can be used to trigger a specific set of integral variations that are specifically geared towards different individual situations. For example, if you just need a short distance, you can easily turn on the low output mode which gives you only about 10 lumens on average. But, if you’re in a really dark environment and if you need a really good output, you can always turn on the turbo mode which gives you an outstanding output of 2000 lumens and with an average uptime of 50 minutes. It also has the SOS mode that will allow you to react appropriately in urgent situations.
If I would really have to choose one model as my own personal model and my #1 recommendation, it would certainly be this one. This is the flashlight that I can recommend to everyone, regardless of aspirations and experience level. It is very expensive but if you want a long-lasting flashlight with a superb quality, this is the high-end range of best tactical flashlights and you should absolutely spare some bucks to get this model!
- This is not only one of the best tactical flashlights that you can buy, it’s also one of the best tactical flashlights overall.
- The flashlight is designed by using the latest technologies and according to the latest industry standards.
- It has a very user-friendly interface and you can easily learn how to use it as soon as you touch it basically.
- There are plenty of different modes available (including the SOS mode) so you really have a multifunctional product with this one.
- It supports both 18650 Li-Ion batteries and CR123A batteries.
- The only major con that I can list is really the price itself. The sad fact is that many people who are unable to spend some additional money will not be able to enjoy all the commodities that this tactical flashlight is bringing.
This Flashlight is Editor’s Choice
LED 450 Lumens Ultra Compact USB Rechargeable Flashlight
Some of the best tactical flashlights on our list are quite expensive and the others are not. Nor they need to be, sometimes a great tactical flashlight can be found for a very reasonable amount of money. This model from Skyben is a perfect example of that.
This flashlight is a bit unusual in a way that it’s not particularly big but it’s quite wide at the same time. Nonetheless, it feels very comfortable in one’s hands. It is a very compact model and the first-grade aluminum ensures that the flashlight can hold up well for years to come. When it comes to capacity, the output can go up to 600 lumens while the distance reaches its peak around 85 meters. The distance is lacking definitely but it’s still a great choice if we are talking
about environments that don’t have such a drastic lack of visibility. This con is somewhat compensated by the fact that this is one of the rare tactical flashlights that has a CRI index above 80 which gives out a really good color reflection. You can easily (re)charge your batteries very easily as well by using the micro USB port.
Even though it’s far from perfect, this is still one of the best tactical flashlights for people who are looking for cost-effective solutions. You can easily buy a new one if you wish more from your flashlight but, as an entry point, this one should serve you fairly well for quite some time.
- One of the best tactical flashlights that you can find in the cost-effective category.
- It feels very comfortable and it’s compact at the same time.
- Great output and very practical when it comes to (re)charging the batteries as all it takes is a single micro USB port.
- The biggest con comes from the fact that the distance is very subpar.
- It may not be the right choice for people who prefer bigger tactical flashlights.
Police Tactical Flashlight ORCATORCH T20 980 (ORCATORCH)
Don’t let the title mislead you, even though this particular tactical flashlight is made with having police officers and soldiers in mind, it’s perfectly viable for the general public as well which is why it definitely deserved a spot on our list of best tactical flashlights in 2018.
As you might imagine, this flashlight is extremely durable and it’s enhanced even further to provide a truly indestructible product. The output can go up to 980 lumens while the distance is nearly 300 meters. There are several different modes that you can shuffle through regarding of circumstances and the “Intelligent Memory Circuit” will ensure that your preferred level of brightness is active at all times.
This is absolutely one of the best tactical flashlights that we can recommend and also one of the most cost-effective models that you buy as well. No matter if you are a cop, a soldier or just a regular enthusiast, this model should be a great deal nonetheless.
- This is, without a doubt one of the best tactical flashlights that you can get regardless of how intensively you plan to use it.
- Very good quality for a very reasonable price.
- Thanks to its sturdy design, it’s basically indestructible.
- The power switch could feel a bit stiff.
- The output intensity at max level may actually damage your sight if you’re not careful. It’s that powerful.
MT18 Flashlight with Rapid Focus System (Ledlenser)
From the first moment you see this tactical flashlight, you know that not only that you have one of the best tactical flashlights out there, you also have an exceptional product in pretty much every way you can imagine. I usually don’t like separating one product from another but this one is definitely one of our first choices.
When describing some of the previous best tactical flashlights on our list, we mentioned that some of them have some of the most outstanding brightness intensities out there. This flashlight, however, makes us redefine the whole concept quite a bit. The output can go up to 3000 lumens and it is enhanced even further with an Advanced Focus System that will ensure that everything you see is as bright as possible.
The design provides extreme durability and the flashlight is very comfortable as well. You also have an option between 4 different light modes that can be useful in various different situations, including the urgent ones. The only downside is that we have no specific SOS mode but, given the fact that the other 4 modes are extremely functional, we can go past that in no time.
The price of this flashlight is absolutely astronomical but, I can assure you, if you’re willing to save some money to get it, you will not regret one bit. Not only that the quality of this flashlight is hardly matched by the other competitors, the same can be said about its durability. Once you get this flashlight, you can be sure that it will last for decades to come.
- Outstanding and long-lasting quality that is hardly matched by other tactical flashlights on the market.
- This is one of the brightest flashlights that we ever tested.
- A sturdy design that can last for decades.
- 4 different modes that can be used in several different circumstances.
- It comes with a 5-year long warranty.
- Out of all the best tactical flashlights that we described, this is by far the most expensive one and, therefore, it’s unreachable for people with limited budgets.
- Even though we could get over it, it sadly doesn’t have a specific SOS mode.
This Flashlight is Editor’s Choice
Klarus G20L 3000 Lumens CREE LED Dual-Switch USB Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight
A great thing about this flashlight is that it mixes several different design philosophies and it integrates them into one single (and successful) product. This flashlight is very versatile and, not only that it’s very comfortable when you hold it in your hand, it also has a special “lock-out” mode that will prevent accidental triggering of the power switch. Pretty cool stuff!
The distance is very decent and it’s fixated at 300 meters while the maximum output is 3000 lumens. You can also choose between several different modes if you want a smaller intensity too (and yes, this one has the SOS mode included). The batteries are very easily (re)charged and, once again, you will have the commodity of a micro USB port as well.
Personally, I do believe that the whole thing could’ve been cheaper but I also believe that, if someone is looking to buy a great flashlight, he/she should be ready to invest some money to get it. That is the only right way to a successful purchase. In any case, you won’t make a mistake if you decide to buy this one.
- A great amount of flexibility and versatility. Unlike the previously described best tactical flashlights, this one also has a special lock-on mechanism that will ensure that the flashlight is not powered on/off by accident.
- A great output and a very good distance.
- Easy to use and equally easy to (re)charge the batteries by using the micro USB port.
- The price could’ve been a bit lower.
- It’s basically just a redesigned version of their G20 model and there are practically no new innovations.
Cool White LED 3500 Lumens Multifunctional Ultra-bright Rechargeable and Dischargeable Flashlight
Unlike the previously described models, this one has 2 different lighting sources. The main lighting source produces an outstanding white LED output that goes up to 3500 lumens while the side lighting source provides a very good backup resulting in a fixed 200-lumens brightness.
On top of that, all the different modes can be activated with just a single button so you can quickly shuffle through all of them without having to look for multiple different switches. The body is constructed from 6061-T6 aluminum alloy with the addition of hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish. You can really tell that they put in a lot of effort to make this flashlight strong and durable.
The charging is also quick and the addition of micro USB port just makes everything even easier. The charging and discharging functions are already built-in by default so the whole (re)charging process is heavily automatic already.
If you want a cost-effective and modern tactical flashlight, this is the right product for you. Not only that you will have a great flashlight for various different situations, you will also have a flashlight that will banish the darkness once and for all.
- Out of all 10 best tactical flashlights we described here, this is the only one we could call “a true flashlight from a modern era”.
- Outstanding mix of price and value.
- Many original concepts + a dual-light system that gives you a whole different perspective of lighting output.
- The learning curve is somewhat high as you have so many different functionalities mapped into a single switch.
- The instruction manual that comes with the product is lacking.
We’ve reached the very end, ladies, and gentleman. I hope you found this content helpful and I also hope that, regardless of which of these 10 best tactical flashlights you will go for, you will be satisfied with your purchase at the end. Remember, all it takes is to have the right info, to understand the product you are buying and to determine your own preferences and aspirations.
Of course, money is equally important as well. Once you have that sorted out, there is no doubt that you will end up getting your dream product that will happily serve you for many years in no time. And remember, never hesitate to look for additional feedback if you need to, The more you know, the better your chances of success are.