In this article, I will review best hiking boots under $100 for men and women. I’ve researched and found top 10 hiking boots under $100 that you can purchase in 2018.
Hiking is one of the healthiest outdoor activities for people of all age and, chances are, if you ask any health professional, he/she will certainly recommend doing that. In order to make you feel as comfortable as possible, you need the best hiking boots.
Whereas it’s easy to spend a lot of money to get the most expensive hiking boots, the truth is, the most optimal solutions can also be found if we look for the hiking boots under $100. And that’s what the article will focus on – we will give you a brief overview of 10 best hiking boots under $100 that you can buy this year. Let’s dive into the subject right now.
BEST HIKING BOOTS UNDER $100 – FOR MEN AND WOMEN
XIANG GUAN Men’s Outdoor High-Top Waterproof Trekking Hiking Boots
The first entry on our list of best hiking boots under $100 is a product from Asia and we can confirm it’s a great one. The boots are very light and comfortable and, at the same time, they are very easy to wear. The upper part of these boots is made from calfskin which gives them plenty of flexibility and they also make your hiking feel “liberating” at the same time. Also, a strong focus was put on providing “breathable” boots. As you are hiking, your feet will inevitably sweat a lot and you need proper ventilation. Luckily, these boots are enhanced with nano-shock absorbers so you are sufficiently covered with that one.
Another thing worth mentioning is that these boots are not slippy at all and that’s because the sole is designed from pure TPU that allows these boots to have a very good grip. And last (but not least), you shouldn’t be concerned about water getting inside your boots either as they are fully waterproof and you can rest assured that your hiking sessions will be completely moisture-free.
To sum this up shortly, these hiking boots are certainly some of the best hiking boots under $100. For $80 (roughly), you will get a multifunctional set of hiking boots under 100 that can be equally great for both casual and intensive hiking sessions. And, even better, they will be safe and comfortable at the same time as well. A classic win-win situation!
- An outstanding mix of price and quality.
- The boots are light, breathable and they feel very comfortable as well. On top of that, they are waterproof too.
- These hiking boots under $100 exhibit a universal approach which makes them suitable for multiple different types of hikers.
- The sole is well-designed but it’s also thin at the same time and that could be an issue for the more serious hikers.
- We could also add that we would prefer if the boots provided more cushion as that would be quite helpful for very lengthy hiking sessions.
Hanagal Men’s Tangula Waterproof Hiking Boots (Hangal)
The second choice for our list of the best hiking boots under $100 is designed with a strong accent on German philosophy. We know that everything made by using these principles is very strict, accurate and valuable as well. The same can be said about these boots as well.
These hiking boots under $100 are designed to provide prolonged comfort as well as an exceptional quality. They are entirely water-resistant so they will keep your feet dry even if you are hiking during the heavy rainstorms. At the same time, sweat will not be an issue either as the boots themselves have very good insulation and that allows them to keep this annoying sensation out of the equation.
The main component of these boots is leather (and the first-grade leather for that matter) but you also have a sole covered in Vibram rubber that makes them feel more “elastic” and flexible at the same time as well. At the same time, you shouldn’t worry about cushioning whatsoever as the shock-absorbent EVA midsoles will provide enough of it regardless of how long you are planning to hike.
Speaking of some extra additions, we can add that these boots come with anatomically shaped insoles that are designed to give that extra sense of comfort for everyone’s feet while the gusseted tongues will keep the outdoor vermin and dirt from getting inside even during the most intensive hiking sessions.
This is yet another great choice for the best hiking boots under $100 and, indeed, you won’t find many better offers at this price range. The biggest downside is that, in case you are a female reader, you will have to look for an alternative as these boots are only designed for male hikers. Other than that, from the design perspective, it’s a very worthy purchase.
- Yet another great option if you are looking for the best hiking boots under $100 as they mix price and quality perfectly.
- There is no risk of water getting inside and, at the same time, the gusseted tongue will protect your feet from dirt as well.
- These hiking boots under $100 have just enough support to feel comfortable and to be equally enjoyable for any hiker.
- There are some issues with durability.
- You may feel that they are a bit stiff (in some areas) while they also feel very large around the toe area. So, they’re not evenly balanced.
Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot (Columbia)
The boots themselves are very durable and they are covered with prime leather. They are very easy on the feet and they are ideal for both long and short hiking sessions. At the same time, the boots are very well balanced so you shouldn’t be able to feel any stiff areas nor should you feel any particularly large areas as well. At the same time, the boots are well protected and the water-resistance feature will keep your feet dry and ventilated at the same time.
If you don’t want any particularly complex hiking boots, these are the best hiking boots that you can buy (especially if we are talking about the best hiking boots under $100). Simply put, a great mix of price and quality, as well as the amount of comfort that comes with these boots, is hardly matched even by the more expensive models. That is why you should absolutely consider getting them.
- These are one of the best hiking boots under $100 for women. The relation between price and quality is really outstanding.
- Great comfort and great durability in the long run.
- They are well-supported and they can keep your feet dry and protected from the outside pathogens as well.
- Some of the design patterns are dated to the modern era.
- Some customers report issues with the top of the boots pressing down the toes after longer hiking sessions.
XIANG GUAN Women’s Outdoor High-Top Waterproof Trekking Hiking Boots
Yet another product from Xiang Guan made it to our list of best hiking boots under 100. While the previously described boots from Xiang Guan were made for men, these ones are designed for women only. They use the same design philosophy and they are equally great!
Once again, these best hiking boots under $100 are very lightweight and easy to wear. A strong focus was put on comfort and, indeed, we can confirm that these boots feel just as comfortable in both short and long hiking sessions.
On top of that, they are enhanced with tight waterproof protection as well as EVA foaming cushioning that will give you just enough support for any type of hiking. And, once again, these boots are engraved with an anti-slip philosophy and they also provide a very good grip that enables a great stability in the long run.
These are absolutely some of the best hiking boots under $100 that you can buy and, for this price, this is really an ideal offer. Not only that these boots are ideal for any type of hiking, they also provide great flexibility and a great durability in the long run as well. Even when you look at the downsides, it’s very easy to conclude that this really is a worthwhile purchase.
- Just like the first entry on our list of best hiking boots under $100, Xiang Guan did a great job with these hiking boots as well.
- A great combination of flexibility, durability, and comfort for a very reasonable price.
- These best boots under 100 are also waterproof and they can keep your feet dry very effectively.
- The downsides of the previously described hiking boots are present here as well. Even though EVA foaming cushioning system is really well designed, it would definitely be beneficial if there was more actual cushion as well.
- The sole is very thin which could create issues for long-term hikers in general.
Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot
The 3rd pair of best hiking boots under $100 on this list was designed by the same company but, unlike these particular boots, those were made for women only. If you liked the design philosophy that we described there and you wish the same to be implemented the other way around, these are the boots for you!
These best boots under 100 are made of prime leather and they also have a nice mix of synthetic materials that provide just enough support for even the longest hiking sessions. At the same time, the boots are waterproof and they are equally great when it comes to keeping both the water and the dirt away from your feet while you are enjoying a wonderful outdoor exercise.
At the same time, they provide plenty of flexibility and they should feel just as comfortable at the end of your hiking sessions as they felt at the beginning. So, this is another great thing to have in mind.
You will hardly find any better offers and these really are some of the best hiking boots under $100 that you can get at this price range. If you want a good brand and a long-lasting quality for a small amount of money, you can’t go wrong with this one!
- Outstanding mix of price and quality just like with all other hiking boots made by Columbia.
- Amazing flexibility and durability in the long run.
- Prime leather and a synthetic addition will ensure that these best hiking boots under $100 are just as comfortable at the end of your hiking sessions as they were at the beginning.
- Yet again, some of the core concepts could feel a bit outdated.
- You may notice that the top of the boots is pressing down your toes after longer hiking sessions in this case as well.
Manfen Women’s Mid-Rise Waterproof Hiking Boot
The design of these hiking boots is very straightforward but the functionality is very exponential nonetheless. These boots are designed to keep your feet dry and supported regardless of how much you plan to hike.
They are primarily made by using the rubber but they also have some synthetic components that effectively add the extra comfort that one should ideally look for in all cases. There is just enough insulation to keep your feet “breathing” during the entire session and, at the same, there is enough waterproof structure being put in to prevent any kind of water from getting in.
We didn’t find many issues with these boots but, I do have to note that they are very warm and they aren’t very suitable for summer occasions. But, even if we take these things into account, the number of pros will still emerge victoriously.
If you’re not willing to spend a lot of money and you want the hiking boots that will bring the needed quality and that will last quite a while, these are certainly some of the best hiking boots under $100 that you can buy. As soon as you acknowledge some of their flaws and once you learn how to get the most out of their upsides, there’s no doubt that you will get a worthwhile investment.
- Very straightforward design that is (further) backed up with a fairly lightweight concept.
- These best hiking boots under $100 are designed to keep your feet dry during the entire session and, at the same time, they can keep your feet breathing during that session as well.
- In general, you are getting very good quality for this price.
- These hiking boots are not that suitable for the summer as they are very warm.
- They could feel too stiff in some areas so, you really need to choose the size carefully.
Hi-Tec Men’s Logan Waterproof Hiking Boot
These hiking boots are simply outstanding. Thanks to their intelligent design, they are equally great for both casual and professional hikers at the same time. They offer a supreme amount of comfort and the compression-resistant layers will motivate you to extend your hiking limits beyond reach!
All the best components that make one hiking boot great are here – leather, rubber, and (pure) fabric. And, guess what, they interact perfectly! As you may expect, the boots are waterproof and you’re not under any realistic risk of getting your feet wet during a heavy rainstorm. At the same time, the feet will have plenty of space to breathe properly as well (regardless of how long the hiking session is).
The bottom line is – these hiking boots don’t cost a lot and they really are the best hiking boots under $100 that you can buy for yourself if you’re a male reader. This is our top recommendation and you should absolutely go for it.
- This is absolutely one of the very best hiking boots under $100 that you can buy (for male readers).
- Outstanding quality for a very low price.
- Equally great for both casual and more experienced hikers.
- Amazing support for even the longest hiking sessions.
- All the components are (nearly) ideally integrated.
- They don’t feel as lightweight as some of the previously described hiking boots under $100 and that’s really the only major issue I have here.
Northside Women’s Apex Lite Waterproof Hiking Boot
Some of the best hiking boots under $100 tend to be overly ambitious and others may feel very lacking as well (on the other hand). It’s not always that easy to find a good balance but, luckily for all of us, Northside succeeds in doing that with most of their models and these particular hiking boots definitely deserved to find their way to our list of best hiking boots under $100.
These boots are geared towards providing an enjoyable experience for all kinds of hiking sessions. The durability is on a very high level and, after some internal testing, we can confirm that the comfort is equally high as well (even after a couple of hours of usage!). These boots require a little more intensive maintenance but, once you get used to it, it’s not an issue at all.
The visual aspect is also a strong one here. There are several different styles that you can choose from and all of them look great (in our opinion, of course). The upper sections are covered in some very stylish leather while the bottom ones are enhanced with prime rubber that looks really great and it also adds a very strong sense of grip as well. And yes, of course, these boots are waterproof as well, no worries!
If you are looking for something close to $50 and if you’re not an overly ambitious hiker, these are absolutely some of the best hiking boots under $100 that you can get. Their flexibility, comfort, and durability all recommend them very well and, as soon as you start wearing them properly, your hiking adventures will soon get a whole new meaning!
- Not only that these are some of the best hiking boots under $100 that you can get, they are also very affordable.
- They can be used very effectively regardless of weather and, at the same, regardless of how long the hiking sessions are.
- They provide great comfort in the long run.
- You need to maintain them more often in order to get the most potential out of them.
- They are not as great for professional hikers.
Thorogood Men’s 6” Academy Lace Hiking Boots
Just like many other previously described hiking boots for under 100, these ones were also designed to satisfy the needs of different kinds of hikers regardless of their ambitions and their experience.
A strong focus was equally put on both comfort and durability but we could also add that these boots also look great (despite their simplicity). They are made from pure leather but we can also see some nylon mesh as well. The most interesting factor to note here is that the footbed can be removed at any time so, if you feel that the boots are tight at any point, you can easily just remove it so that the feet can fit properly.
One thing I am not satisfied with is the insulation. You may notice that your feet are still very sweaty after the longer hiking sessions are ended. But, other than that, I don’t have any other major complaints myself.
In general, you should definitely give these boots a try. No hiking boots are perfect but these babies produced by Thorogood provide enough functionality to satisfy many different kinds of hikers and, for this amount of money, these are absolutely some of the best hiking boots under $100 that you can get.
- The boots are simple but very flexible at the same time.
- You can easily wear them regardless of your hiking ambitions.
- They provide great comfort, in the long run, thanks to a perfect mash-up of leather and nylon mesh.
- The product documentation is lacking.
- The insulation is not sufficient in the long run.
Hi-Tec Women’s Wn Logan Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Regardless of how objective (or subjective) one may be, one fact is definitely undeniable. Both pairs of hiking boots made by Hi-Tec performed the best in our trials and that’s why we can proudly say that both the male and the female models are certainly the very best hiking boots under $100 that you can find here. If you loved reading the lines dedicated to the male ones, you will absolutely love these female counterparts as well.
Once again, we are talking about a very intelligent design here and, the best thing is, everyone can fit into these boots and use them in their own way. With a combination of suede and leather as well as the combination of waterproof structure and a high degree of insulation, not only that you will have a very comfortable pair of hiking boots that are designed to last more than a decade, you will also have sufficient protection against both water and dirt. And, at the same time, the feet will also be sufficiently dry when it comes to long-term sweating as well.
The best thing is that the boots themselves are so lightweight that it is virtually impossible to feel any kind of discomfort at some point. Of course, it’s individual, but the chances are minimal.
Regardless of whether you are a professional hiking or if you are doing it for pure recreation, this is certainly our top choice for our female readers and these are absolutely the best hiking boots under $100 that we can offer in that regard. You won’t really find a better relationship between price and quality, no way!
- Outstanding quality for a very reasonable price.
- Great visual design as well.
- The boots are easy to maintain and they can easily last more than a decade.
- Ideal for any hiking activity.
- The only downside is that the arch support is a bit subpar compared to the quality of other features.
And that was it, ladies and gentleman, we’ve reached the very end of our list of the best hiking boots under $100. I honestly hope that you enjoyed reading through our instructions and I hope that you found this info helpful.
If you have a better understanding of what to look for and what makes one pair of hiking boots great, that means our mission was successful and we couldn’t be more excited about it!